Friday, December 19, 2008
The Spirit of GIVING!
We had the opportunity last week to be involved in The Santa Cause. On Monday we meet up with a bunch of people and the players from Flash at Walmart to go shopping for 85 families in need this holiday season. We were given a list of what the family needed, how old they were, or if they were a boy or girl. So before we started I explained to the kids what was going on and that we could only spend so much so we needed to get what the kids really needed first. Jori really caught on and loved looking for the gifts, Brody...well lets just say he was himself, and of course Cooper hated the whole thing. What one year old loves shopping. :) Oh I failed to mention that Cody was out of town, but luckily a Flash Player named Brian pushed the cart around for us. I'm sure at times he just had to think we were the craziest family around. In the end we had shopped for three families,It sure felt good. On Wednesday everyone that could got together and wrapped all of the presents. I had Young Woman's so we weren't able to participate. Then on Saturday everyone meet together to deliver the gifts to the families. We were able to go to three. All of the families we went to spoke Spanish, but it was still amazing to see the smiles on their faces and know that this was going to help them out. My favorite part of the day was this conversation we had with Brody.
"It's strange Mom I feel warm inside." Brody
"That's the Holy Ghost telling you that you are doing something good." Dad
"Yeah, but its cold outside and It still feels warm." Brody
"It feels good to help people huh?" Mom
"Yeah, but I'm even drinking sprite and I still feels warm." Brody
I couldn't help but be a proud mom! Brody always seems to amaze me. Just when I think he isn't paying attention he reminds me that he is and that he is aware of what is going on around him.
I love this time of year and am so grateful for the Spirit of Giving!
Posted by Brittany at 6:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh I just love your kids! I love this time of year and I'm excited to see you guys!
You are raising the sweetest kids! That is such a great way to teach them about being Christ like!
I love the conversation with Brody. What a sweetheart! So cool.
That is so cute!! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!
Wow, what a good son you have!! That is so awesome that he is feeling the spirit and recognizes that it is different from everyday feelings. Merry Christmas!!
That is so neat you got to go and help do that. First off, I have to say that the player from the Flash was probably SO EXCITED to go shopping around with a Hot Mama and was probably thinking that you were too young to have 3 adorable kids! Second off, that is so cute of Brody. Funny and sweet!
hey my cousin is a dancer for the flash and she helped with that too! you didn't happen to meet an alyse did ya? that conversation with brody is priceless...so sweet!!!
That is such a good experience. What a good mom for doing it. Isn't it crazy how much they notice or hear and it is always when I think the whole point was missed. Merry Christmas!!!
You guys are teaching your kids a wonderful thing about giving to others. I remember when the kids were little and we did the 12 days of Christmas to an older couple and they really had a lot of fun and still talk about it. It was fun at the Norris party. Ask Jori what Curtis kept asking her. Love ya!!!!
What good kids you have. Maybe you should borrow mine for awhile, and help me out.
Post a Comment