Thursday, November 20, 2008

HELP!!!!


A couple of months ago Cooper learned how to climb out of the crib. It wasn't too big of a deal because when I would put him down for nap time or bed time he would stay in until it was time to wake up. In fact it was kind of nice because in the mornings he would just walk into my room and let me know he was awake. I know I sound lazy, but I love to sleep in as long as I can in the morning. Anyways about three weeks ago he started climbing out of his crib in the middle of the night to come and sleep with us. WHAT?! That is not allowed! So I would get up (making sure not to talk) pick him up and place him back in bed. I thought a couple of nights of this and he would stop. WRONG!! If anything it has gotten worse. He got up 5 times the other night. I feel like I have a newborn again. I am besides myself and do not know what to do. He's not even 2 yet. Does anyone have any BRILLIANT ideas?

7 comments:

becky said...

I have heard some people change the doornob around so you can lock it from the outside. It sounds mean but they aren't really locked in. I mean he does know how to cry but then at least he has to stay in his room until he gets used to putting himself back to sleep. My sis had to do that becuase her little one (about the same age) would get up and wander in the house and went into the back yard once. It worked really quick.

Anonymous said...

I really feel for you Brit. I had no idea that you were suffering. I think that Becky's suggestion is great. I nannied for a family who had a hook on the door. The only problem is that sometimes they can get into great mischief. I came in the room one day to find that he'd smeared his poopy diaper all over the room. Painted it in pooh. Good luck! I could help you out with a dinner next week?

Chelsie said...

ah brit i'm so sorry. i'm quite impressed that the little guy has figured all this out already! let me know what works for the day that i find myself in your place

Tara said...

Not good. Sleep is so important to a mom. I hope it is improving. You girls trip looks like it was a blast.

April said...

Turn the door-knob around so you can lock it from the outside!! That's what we did, and it worked great! I think, to adjust your blog, you just go in to your blog layout and you click and drag things where you want them. Try it and see! Hope all is well with you guys up there! We sure miss you and the rest of the 3rd ward! Take care!
-April

BRITT said...

Welcome to my life. two kids in my bed by the middle of the night. It is not good. I have no advice for you. SORRY. I think he looks cute all snuggled up like that.

Debbie said...

I don't have much advice for you. Lexi was a horrible sleeper! I don't think she started sleeping through the night until she was 8 years old!!!!