For UEA vacation we got invited to go down to St George with our friends. It was so much fun. Because of Cody's work and his brothers wedding we didn't get a chance to go on any family trips this summer.....So this was much needed. We headed down as a group on Thursday. Two cars filled with 3 adults and 9 children. Were we crazy or what? Some of our highlights were going to Snow canyon and playing in the sand hills, Hiking in Zions, and of course just hanging out and not thinking about day to day tasks. The not so good highlight of the weekend was Cody getting a ticket and being informed that his license had just expired. :( Hey, it could have been worse right?! We then came back on Sunday with exhausted children that slept most of the way home!! Yeah! :)
In Snow Canyon we went to a little hike ( I wouldn't call it a hike though) that had pioneer names written on the rocks. Where they really written a long time ago or yesterday? That is the question.
Cody our only dad here. Man, he was so nervous that the kids where going to fall and get hurt!
A picture of all nine kids. Cooper is on the bottom because Cody thought it would be smart to not have him up so high.
Our first family picture and Cody was already complaining.
Oh man, when I got home I found a pile of sand in all my kids pants.
Our crazy Brody buried in sand and loving every minute.
What better way to get kids cleaned up after playing in the sand.
Each of them are so different. Just looking at this picture makes me laugh! :)
At Zions we went on a little hike called Weeping Rock. This was the best by far, you had to walk under water and the kids loved it. What kid doesn't like to get wet?
What a fun weekend!! Thanks Ali and Todd for inviting us!!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Family Vacation
Posted by Brittany at 10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sometimes posts like this make me cry. Man if we lived closer we would have "spooked" you. I am glad you had a fun trip. Your kids are darling & I miss you guys so much.
That looks like a lot of fun. Even with nine kids! I want to go somewhere fun with the kids. We need to hang out again soon!
How funny is that, that you guys came down here and we went up there for UEA. Isn't Zion's georgeous! Did you come down with the Tanners, from across the street? I'm glad you had fun!
-April
I hiked Angels Landing when I was in Zions a few years ago, it was so beautiful. I love it down there!
What a fun vacation! Looking at your pictures brings back some great memories. I grew up in Hurricane, and so we spent a ton of time in Zions. I miss the red rocks and sand! Your family is so cute!
I'm glad you guys had fun on your vacation! I miss all you guys and Cooper is getting so big!
You are so good at updating your blog. I seriously need some lessons. It takes me so long. I don't think that I'm doing it right. Anyway....
What a darling family.
I'm so gald you guys got away. I'm jealous. I am craving some Zions.
Your family is stinkin cute. I think I may have had a heart attack if I were on the hike you went on with Reese. Good to see ya last weekend.
St. George looked like a blast. I love the weather down there at this time of year. I don't think I have been to the sandunes you pictured there. You will have to let me know where they are. We go down to St. George quite often. Way cute family!!
Hey Brittany,
I love looking at your blog. Blake told me about it. Send me an e-mail so that I can add you to my blog. youvefoundmicah@q.com
Micah
Post a Comment