Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I LOVE The Fourth Of July!!!

We had such a fun time this year!! The Fourth of July is really my favorite Holiday. There is nothing better than getting together with family to go to parades, sweating in the sun at parks waiting to play dumb little games, eating, playing Volleyball with cousins (and I must admit I have come a long way from the first time I played Volleyball with Cody. Needless to say I don't hit myself in the face with the ball anymore! :)), eating some more, sitting around and talking, watching fireworks, and did I mention eating? :) This year was also special because we got to spend one last night with Justin, Melissa, and Baby Kate before they left for Washington D.C..


Jori waiting for the parade

I ran a 5k this morning and barely made it in time and I forgot to comb Brody's hair before he left!! Oopps..I must say he is still a cute boy.

Cooper wondering what was going on. Once he saw people throwing candy he got a handful and was in heaven.

Do you think Brody will ever look at the camera when we take a picture. My vote is no, why would he when he can play with Army Men.


One thing I love about small town parades are....Short and tons of Candy!

Getting ready for the fireworks.

Brody patiently waiting.

Can't wait until next year!! Happy Fourth of July!

6 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Funny pictures. I think that Brody is going through a stage. Jake is the same way, just recently. I just realized that we were a few short blocks away while the fireworks were happening.... Some where, out there, beneath the clear blue sky....

Holly said...

I heard through the grapevine that you ran another race. You are getting to be quite the runner. It sounded like a lot of fun with all of you guys running together. Looks like you guys scored on the candy - happy eating now that you burned all of those calories!!

Chelsie said...

Check you out running another race!! And then you go home and get ready for the parade!! Sheesh, I'm impressed with that! Check out all the fun stuff they got...more than just the normal taffy!!

Life's Journey To Perfection said...

Love your pictures! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun and look at all that candy! Glad you have been having fun!

Irene said...

I must admit, the 4th of July is not my favorite holiday. But, I do love all of the things you said about it. The food, the fireworks, and family all together. Your kids are so cute. I didn't know that Justin was in town. I should have walked down and visited with you all.

ashley said...

Looks like you guys are making the most of summer and had a fantastic 4th! Good job on the 5k again! Your hair is super cute. Short and blonde, I love it:)