Monday, August 25, 2008

A Big Day For Brody

Brody had his first day of Kindergarten today. He is so laid back compared to Jori. For weeks I have been asking him if he was excited to go to school and all he would say is "Yes". Jori would talk my ears off forever, but not our little man. He is a one word kind of guy. I did ask him a few questions when he got home. Here is one of our conversations.
"Brody tell me about a friend you met today at school."
"Mom I didn't meet anyone."
"Brody yes you did what friends did you make today?"
"No one Mom."
At this point I thought he was just playing a trick on me. So I asked him one more time and this is what he said, "Mom I couldn't meet anyone because one of the rules is no talking." I was laughing so hard. He is our little comedian! :)
Here are some pictures of Brody before we headed off to school.




Now you might be wondering what I will be doing in all my free time with only one kid....Well let me inform you that Cooper is like having 3 kids home all the time. Good thing he has a Great Smile and Hilarious Laugh that makes you melt whenever he has done anything mischievous.

10 comments:

Irene said...

Did you make Brody sit for that pose or was that his idea? Poor kid. ;) Your kids are getting so big. It's crazy to me. They're cute!

Sidney Cottle said...

I agree with Irene that they're getting so big!! I think Cooper is starting to look at lot like his mom.

Hooray for Brody's first day!!! Our little 5 years olds are so grown up. Taryn starts next week...I'm stocking up on the tissues.

Chelsie said...

ah, brody is hilarious! what a crack up! i can't believe you now how 2 kids in school....when i don't see people, i just expect their life to stop until i see them again...i guess it doesn't work like that eh

Lauren said...

oh man 2 kids in school.. wow I still remember my first day of school and I loved it! I miss not going to my first day of school it was always so exciting!

The Ballard's said...

Fabulous. That conversation is so very Brody. Love the pictures, he is so tall. It seems weird that you would have one taller than me. Good luck with Cooper!

Love the new look, it is definitely a beautiful blog!

amity said...

Hey I have a new blog. I know you know this already because I was yelled at on my new blog. I really don't know how this thing works, so I didn't realize I could comment on yours. I have tried to call but you are always unavailable. Call me sometime or I guess you could comment back on my blog.

amity said...

By the way...I thought I was your favorite friend. But now I know because you put me at the top of your friends list. Yeah!! :) Hope all is well. Call me.

Jayne said...

That is so awesome! I still get to wait one more year before my (almost) five year old starts kindergarten but I am super excited for him! And honestly, it will save so much on daycare! Your kids are beautiful!

BTW- they guy I went on a date with last night remember's Cody and how he hung out with some guys that were real jerks but he always liked Cody!! Thought it was kind of funny! I told him Cody didn't turn into a jerk and is an ok guy!

The Brays said...

Hey Britt- Our little man is so grown up!!! Brody I'm so proud of you for following the rules! I hope that by now you have met some new friends:) That pic of coop on the driveway is Darling!!! What a little stud. OK now that Halle is in school all day we need to hang with the little tots!

Life's Journey To Perfection said...

How fun! Jaden still has one more year until Kindergarten. It looks like you guys have had a fun summer. Your kids are so cute!!!