Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's almost been a week and my house still STINKS!!!!

Why does my house stink? Well lets start at the beginning. Last Friday it was my turn to pick up the kids from school, but before I could pick them up I had to go get gas in my car. Well whenever I leave I pick up
Cooper and tell Brody to grab his shoes and to shut the door on his way out. While he is doing that I am busy putting Cooper in his carseat. This has never been a problem until this day. Well Brody came out and off we went. We stopped at the gas station first then to Jori's school to pick up the kids. I like to get there early to have a spot to park and I also like to sit there and have my kids stuck in their carseats for a moment of rest. (that sounds horrible huh? My kids love it though!) Anyways back to my story. We sat there for about 10 minutes until the kids came out. I then proceeded to take all the kids home. As we were pulling up to our house I noticed the front door was left open. Brody said he was sorry and said he forgot to shut the door. I then continued to sit in my car and read the mail. As I was sitting there I smelled smoke. At first I thought "Is that my car?" then I came to the conclusion that someone was burning weeds. That was until my Jori came running out of our house saying "Mom its our house, our house is smoking!" Of course I ran into the house and to my surprise my microwave was running. I opened it up and to my surprise this is what I found.





You know those homemade heating pads with corn in the middle? Well this is what this should be, but not anymore. When I opened the microwave door it had been cooking for over a half hour and it still had 38 minutes left. I guess Brody thought it would be fun to cook something while we were gone. He soon found out that wasn't such a good idea. I wasn't going to come home at first because we were going to go do something as a family. Luckily I decided to leave later huh? It made me sick to think that something worse could have happened. Our house stunk so bad at first. I had to open all the windows and turn off our heater. Of course we left too. We all smelled like we had been in a camp fire. I am glad though that he left the front door open so the smoke had somewhere to go besides our house. I'm sure the smell would have been 10 times worse.


So the lesson for the day is don't let your kid cook a homemade heating pad while no one is home!!!!

2 comments:

Sidney Cottle said...

Oh my gosh! I have to say I was on the edge of my seat with your story....I couldn't wait to find out why your house stunk. Those pictures look so gross! I can't believe it!! I'm glad my kids don't know how to use the microwave. :) Brody is a funny boy! What did Cody have to say?!

Erin M said...

Your so lucky. I am so sorry that that happened. I bet your were scared to death when Jori said it was coming from your house. Oh I hope the smell clears up soon.